Search This Blog

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Finding Teenagers Online: A Step-by-Step Approach to Navigating Their Online World


I got an e-mail from a friends in Southern California asking for information about youth and blogging. I thought this article from Walt Mueller offers some practical tips on how an outsider can get the 'inside scoop' on the My-Space generation.

I just received an Associated Press report from TechMission entitled, Teens Putting Themselves At Risk Online. This further highlights the shift in our conceptual understanding of what is private and public space.

5 comments:

Allison Ward said...

I recently wrote an entry about myspace.. you should check it out!

Unknown said...

Steve this is crazy I was just talking about this with Sharon we should talk more about it. There is a huge culture and people on xanga.

Steve Bussey said...

Allison, could you post a link to this entry?

Thanks.

Steve Bussey said...

Hi Kyle,

This really is a hot topic right now; so yeah - I'd love to discuss it more!

In fact, at NYU's Department of Culture and Communication, they are having the creator of My Space for a seminar. A lot of people are writing on this. If anyone has any additional papers/links on this, please - I invite you to publish these.

Steve

Gavin said...

Hey Steve,
I enjoyed the article on the online journaling and blogging. There was some really good information there. I personally have tried to keep my distance from these site. It's not so much because I think it's bad, I just don't have the patience to sit and read people vent and blab about dumb stuff sometimes. After reading Walt Mueller's article I kinda see it from a different perspective now. I see the benefits of infiltrating such a community and using it as a information source to see what kids are doing and what they are going through and the things they talk about and how I can use this information to help those in need. Thanks for your time Mr. Bussey. Have a good day....