Search This Blog

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Invisible Children: Crisis in Uganda

Invisible Children Inc. is dedicated to educating the children of Uganda, as well as raising awareness of what the U.N. has deemed "the greatest emergency in the world today involving children."

Kyle sent me this link earlier today and made me aware of a campaign taking place on April 29, 2006 where people are going to be sleeping in parks as a way of raising awareness of the situation going on in Uganda.

Check out this report from the Human Rights Watch site, and this report from UNICEF.

Let's do something about this!

Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

does anyone know if there is a meeting point to actually walk to the event site or ? are we just supposed to show up on Central Ave. ? thanks

Steve Bussey said...

Hi,

I've e-mailed them to see if we can get more details. I'll post these as soon as I get a response.

Steve