Search This Blog

Thursday, March 02, 2006

A Great Website for Internet-Safeguard Literacy for Kids

Check out this website called NetSmartzKids. I just received a recommendation from a member of Techmission's AC4 community (this community is well-worth joining). This illustrates an effective website that can be immediately utilized in after-school programs. It serves a purpose, and is cultivating media literacy skills.

I'd recommend this site to be used for kids around 5-9 years of age. There are interactive videos, games etc.

Steve

2 comments:

Melissa16361 said...

I just checked out the site. I watched one of the videos and realized that the girl in them looks a lot like a girl that is on the Mike's Super Short Show on DisneyChannel, I believe. If it is the same person, then what a great way for the kids to connect to this site! They will recognize this girl, and it will help them become even more interested. Does anyone know for a fact that it is the same girl?

Mel

Steve Bussey said...

I've never heard of that show??? But I wouldn't be surprised if they used Disney talent for this website. It's pretty sophisticated.

Steve