Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Dialogue and Civility: A Public Discourse

Friends,

I have begun to invite a host of friends, and friends-of-friends to this blog. I would love it if this blog became a diverse community of friends, academics, practitioners, youthworkers, gamers, techies etc.

There will be times where I am sure you will read opinions which might differ from my own (or for that matter - your own). I want to encourage civility in the midst of intense dialogue on this blog. It is controversy that refines, and I recognize (and appreciate) that ideas and practices germinate/flourish when they are tested. I would like this blog to be something of a collaborative 'think tank' where multiple perspectives are invited.

So please share your opinion and thoughts, but also don't be bothered if someone (or myself) challenges you on the issues being raised.

Enjoy!

Steve

No comments: