Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Urban Youth Worker Institute - RELOAD

During 2005 CCDA conference, I had the opportunity to join the Urban Youth Workers Institute one-day seminar called "RELOAD." I was really impressed with what this organization put together for a one day seminar!

Sharon and I met Carla LaFayette this summer in Northern California when we spoke at The Salvation Army, Western Territory's Western Youth Institute. She used to work with The Salvation Army and now is the VP of strategic Programs for UYW. It was great to see what she does with the UYWI.

During the institute, I sat in on Noel Castellanos's Developmental Urban Youth Ministry, and Steve Cerali's Counseling Urban Youth. I loved this conference so much I bought their series of CDs - which they were selling for only $20.00!

Anyone interested in youth work in marginalized urban communities has to make it to one of these one-day workshops. It really is worth it.

If you want meat - go to RELOAD and enjoy a steak!

Steve

PS: Click here if you want to join one of their local learning communities - which are a great way to collaborate with other youth workers in your area.

No comments: