Search This Blog

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Off to SWONEKY Youth Councils - Revolution

Sharon and I are heading out with four of our students - Jenn, Kyle, Melissa, and Scott to participate in the SWONEKY Youth Councils.

Please be praying for us.

In particular:

1. Friday night - Conducting a late night mission (12:00 AM - 3:00 AM) in Cincinatti w. 20-30 delegates. The students will be doing a message based on the burning bush & Moses calling. They'll be doing this around the campfire and will hit on four points - challenging the delgates to be a fire-starter, fire-eater, fire-walker, & fire-breather. We are creating this to be a rite of passage where the delegates commit themselves to mission.

2. Saturday night - I will be speaking on "A Manifesto for Revolution." Please pray that this will be a powerful call to living a life completely devoted to wholistic mission. This is to be a significant time of commitment for the delegates so pray that I will say exactly what the Spirit wants me to say.

3. Sunday afternoon - We will be conducting a pile of games which connect to something Sharon and I designed called The 15 Declarations of Revolutionary salvationists. There will be three theme parks: Water, Dry, and Slime! Our hope is that this will be fun, but that some really important principles for living a life of revolution will become concrete through these experiences.

Let's hope & pray for life-changing encounters this weekend!

I'll not be checking my blog for the next three days, so I apologize for the silence.

Steve

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will be praying for you and for amazing minsitry to take place over the weekend!

(...and don't forget how God can use the slime! What memories! Will be thinking of you at Dead Man's Chest this summer Captain Sparrow.)

Ruthie Rader said...

Who is sister Robin in your list? Please let me know. Thank you.

Fred and Wendy said...

Hi Steve,

I can't believe you've been married ten years - I must be getting old. I happened across your blog a while ago and have been dropping by to read your enteries. It is nice to touch base with you after a long time...10 years...!! Wow.

Steve Bussey said...

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your prayers.

What a fantastic weekend! A powerful moving of the Spirit - more on that later!

Kevin - you should see how we've kicked the slime experiences up a notch-and-a-half... WILD STUFF!!!

Please say hi to the family.

Steve

Steve Bussey said...

Hi Ruthie,

"Sister Robin" is Robin Rader. She is the librarian here in NY at The Salvation Army's School for Officer Training.

I noticed your last name is also Rader - any relation?

Steve

Steve Bussey said...

Hi Fred,

Forgive me for asking this, but I'm trying to figure out who you are??

I see you're Canadian, a Salvationist, & an officer. I don't know your last name and haven't seen a picture, so I'm struggling... SORRY!

I really apologize, but I'm trying to piece it together. Can you remind me - I'm getting old and the memory schemata's are breaking down :)

Steve

Fred and Wendy said...

You are forgiven...I passed thru your life quickly...or you passed thru mine! Wendy and I were the Youth Leaders in ONT SOUTH when your parents were the CO's in St. Catherines. We had more contact with your sisters than you...which raises the question? Where are they?

Steve Bussey said...

OK! NOW I know who you are - you're THAT Fred - Fred H2O - Funny!

Long time no see!

I can barely remember those times in St. Catherines - it's been so long... that was before grunge had even come onto the scene! :)

I'm living down in NYC now, married ten years, and have two daughters - 8 & 9 next month!

How are things going?

Steve

Fred and Wendy said...

Things are summed up in three words: God is good.

Another four words: The West is great!